Friday, September 19, 2008

One Step At A Time

We got a late start with out trip to town yesterday. We didn't leave the house 'til nearly 4, which meant we were not able to get everything done. The reason for our late departure had to do with my range. Pa decided to make a phone call, to make sure the part we needed would be available. More phone tag, which took up a good hour, and resulted in a negative response. It wasn't all bad though. It just wasn't immediately available. My range is still sitting in it's appointed place, happily enjoying it's extended vacation.

Once we managed to depart for town, Pa dropped the kids and me off at the library. He then headed off to the Post Office, as usual, then buzzed down to the shop where he could order the part for my range. The needed part will be here in a week to 10 days, at which time I hope my range will be happy to be of use once again. I'm looking forward to baking up a storm, including trying out some experiments that have been bouncing around in my head for months now. That poor oven won't know what hit it!

Once Pa joined us at the Library, we were off to Staples, where we acquired the new UPS for our new PC. The fellow there was extremely helpful, as they always are. We've always been impressed, and appreciative of the folks at Staples. Our new UPS is sitting beside me now, still in it's box. Since we'll be busy finishing our shopping chores today, setting up the new PC, along with it's partner, the new UPS will probably have to wait 'til tomorrow. Although I am beyond anxious to get it all set up, I figure I can wait one more day. If nothing else it gives me something to look forward to. The same applies to the situation with my range. I figure I've waited this long, what's another week or two. At least I'll have an oven to cook our Thanksgiving meal in, not to mention all the other goodies that go along with Autumn's cooler temperatures.

So, although we have a couple setbacks, they're temporary, and I'm happy knowing progress is being made. Slowly but surely, we're reaching our goals. So much to look forward to!

No comments: