Monday, January 11, 2010

Just Readin' Ma!


Reading In The Sun
Originally uploaded by boondockma
One of the kids' favorite pastimes is reading. With the exception of Saturday mornings, it's usually the first thing they do after getting up. It's also one of their favorite things to do in the afternoon when they're finished with school. There have been times, when it's really nice outside that we've practically had to force them to put their books down and go outside for some fresh air. More than once we've glanced outside and been surprised to find that, although they have gone outside as requested, they managed to sneak their books out as well. There we see them, sprawled out on the ground, taking advantage of the suns rays as they continue their reading. Ah well. At least they're getting some fresh air!
Lost In A Book

Other than Saturday movie nights, and Sunday Family Game night, reading is usually their activity of choice in the evenings before getting ready for bed. You'd think that would be enough reading time for two really quite active youngsters, but no, once they've changed into their PJs, and brushed their teeth, they each grab at least one book to take in with them to bed. There's been more than one time I've gone in to check on them before retiring to bed myself and found it necessary to inform them they needed to wrap it up and go to sleep.
Reading In Bed
This is what I found when stopping in to check on Nathan at 10 o'clock last night.
Caught Ya!
I suppose there are worse things for ones children to be so enamored with.

3 comments:

A.Marie said...

They remind me of how I was when I was their age! I would read and read and read anything that I could get my hands on! Even now, I have a stack of books in my room, just waiting to be read! :)

HDMac said...

I love to read and always have. I used to stay up at night under the covers with a flashlight reading! I remember my oldest son saying one time when younger.... I like reading mom. It is like pictures in your mind! :) Loved that!

Frances said...

I love to read as well and totally understand your children. I think it is wonderful that they love to read so much! You have done a great job inspiring them!