Friday, July 20, 2012

The Gang's All Here!


The Gang's All Here!
Originally uploaded by boondockma
Our Boondock Clan has expanded!

I've always wanted to have chickens! Now the kids and I are embarking on a new adventure, which comes with benfits! Eggs!! Yes! It may be the funniest looking coop you ever saw, but it was all done for free! The coop itself was a freebie from a yard sale, and we built the rest with things we had around the property.

Wish us luck! And check out the photos telling "the rest of the story" at flickr :)

5 comments:

Frances said...

My sisters live in the country and have chickens. My family that lives close to them loves all the "free" eggs. Have fun with your new chickies!

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

Thanks Frances!So far we're having lots of fun with the chickens, and looking forward to the time we have enough eggs to start sharing them with friends and neighbors! Sure wouldn't mind if the Rooster decided to have a sleep-in day though! ;-)

My Little Room In The Corner said...

Ahhh...hens. I miss my hens. Enjoy them. They are so much fun and have such personality. Great side benefit as well.

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

Thanks for your comment, Bev! They really are fun! It amazes me how quickly the quantity of eggs in my fridge grows with only 7 hens!

HDMac said...

LOVE it! :)