Monday, April 7, 2008

Heaven Sent?

Monday, August 15, 2005

I really can't think of anything exciting, interesting or entertaining to post so thought I would share a past event...Several years ago Daniel and I went out and bought a wheelbarrow. The next day he left for work. I got all my household chores done and decided to surprise him by putting the wheelbarrow together. How difficult could it be? Right? Ha! I managed to get most everything together then came the legs. I fought and fought with those things! I could get one end on but the other just wouldn't slide, scrunch or anything else into place! Aargh! I finally sat it down and, in desperation said "I need a man!!" I then looked up and I know my jaw must've dropped just about to the ground. There, coming up our drive was a magnificent looking young man! I couldn't believe it! Like an angel sent from above! He laughed and asked if he had scared me. I said no and asked him, "Are you feeling strong?" (he certainly looked strong!) He looked a bit confused but replied yeah, he guessed so, why? I then told him I needed help with the wheelbarrow. He sat right down and got it fixed for me. It was then that it occured to me that perhaps that wasn't the reason he was there after all and inquired as to his presence. He and his girlfriend had been wondering about the unfinished building next door and were wondering who it belonged to and if they could get a tour as they were college students out of Washington and were looking for a place to film a movie of some sort. I apologized for putting him to work and had him go get his girlfriend, offering them a beer for their trouble in addition to providing them with the info they were after :)

No comments: