Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Lo-Carb Experiment

Had the best dinner last night!

 In an attempt to go lo-carb I've been subjecting my poor daughter to much experimentation. Every once in awhile I hit on one that says do- it-again! Or, at the very least, this-is-worth-playing-with-some-more....

I had some chicken thighs I had meant to marinate, but, of course, forgot...had to use them though so, fried 'em up in some coconut oil (I'm lovin' this new discovery!) along with a little garlic, salt, pepper and a sprinkling of basil. Cooked til almost done,then poured some cream in there, lowered the heat a bit, covered and let it all heat up and get to know each other better. I checked it every now and then, giving it a stir around, flipping the meat, til it thickened to my liking, then served it up, pouring a bit of the yummy sauce over the top, and added some mixed greens on the side along with ( my personal favorite) blue cheese dressing.

Oh my goodness! I can't wait to have it again!

And it wasn't too filling, so we enjoyed some leftover chocolate avocado pudding with strawberries and whipped cream ( real cream, a lighter version of sugar)for dessert!

Next time I think I'll add a few thin slices of red bell pepper, maybe some fresh mushrooms....And...I'll try to remember to get pictures. Lindsay hates it when I do that! :-)

No comments: