Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Real Santa

This afternoon, I read The First Christmas to my children. Afterwards, Nathan wanted to know how "we" managed to go from that story, to the fat jolly fellow dressed in red, delivering gifts to children in the middle of the night.

I immediately thought of an earlier entry posted by Alexandra, at Happy Hearts At Home. She posted some book titles, and a link to some information about a Bishop, named Nicholas. I quickly went on line, and went directly to Alexandra's site, where I proceeded to scroll through her posts for the month of December. I followed her link, and checked out several links provided there, until I came upon what I felt was the perfect story to satisfy my children's curiosity.

Personally, I think this story, The Real Santa is the perfect follow up to the story of the first Christmas. It's not too long, and it tells the story simply, in a way that children can understand, without going into too much detail, which one can always follow up on if more detail is desired.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: